As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

It's Steven's Universe, We All Just Live in It

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    buddy's book
    yo but for real rose just had a bunch of regular-ass lions at some point?

Maybe

That's where Steven found Lion though.

Maybe he just never described them as pink?
    Maybe Rose somehow altered one of the lions?

I also noticed the Ocean Spire had some kind of big cat as a design motif in one of the backgrounds.

The idea that Buddy got the Moon Goddess statue's name "right" makes me wonder if the Crystal Gems have seen the book and if they used his name for it in front of Steven instead of its real name.
    More Buddy's Book stuff:
    We already know that Rose had the power to create life in the form of sentient plants. Corrupted gems are also known to spawn autonomous minions on occasion. It's possible that she just created Lion from nothing to honor her lion friends after they all died, and there's no conspiracy there.

I sincerely doubt that Lion is directly connected to Pink Diamond for a whole bunch of reasons. The biggest one that robbing her death of finality would screw up some of the narrative themes we've been building up.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Buddy's Book
    BOOOOOOOOOOKS!
    Shh!
    boooooooks!

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Buddy's Book

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    This is pretty great, and apparently actually real?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRkoGoVssJc

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Gosh I would pay money to have that at least voice acted, never mind fully animated

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Wait. Peridot can't shapeshift.

What did happen after she ate?

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    She did later say how food can both come into a mouth and out it.

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Wait. Peridot can't shapeshift.

What did happen after she ate?

Just spit it out, I presume.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    I really wish we had a "no talking about unaired episodes" rule.

• Options

That's what the spoilers are for.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

What like even in spoiler tags? Or are you confusing the discussion of that fun animatic for discussion of a new episode?

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    Mostly for 3 reasons:

1. It's almost always a matter of time before someone forgets to spoiler a spoiler

2. It seems really unfair to the series creators and those who work in it to allow piracy to go rewarded. Like, we don't allow people to talk about games they got early via piracy here so I don't see why tv shows are okay.

3. It creates this weird split in the community, where half the folks here can't participate until later, by which time the other half has moved on (perhaps to other episodes)

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    Also 1.5: somebody (probably me) will get used to unspoilering a hundred posts in a row for the current episode, and then out of muscle memory you acccidentally open a spoiler for a future episode.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    That animatic isn't for a new episode. It's for a deleted but apparently scripted scene from an old episode.

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    tumblr_oby80lLlKn1qfji1zo2_400.png
    Cute comic on tumblr. As usual, possibly a nsfw tumblr? But I didn't see anything when I checked.

• Options
    Mostly for 3 reasons:

1. It's almost always a matter of time before someone forgets to spoiler a spoiler

2. It seems really unfair to the series creators and those who work in it to allow piracy to go rewarded. Like, we don't allow people to talk about games they got early via piracy here so I don't see why tv shows are okay.

3. It creates this weird split in the community, where half the folks here can't participate until later, by which time the other half has moved on (perhaps to other episodes)
    Wyvern wrote: »
    Also 1.5: somebody (probably me) will get used to unspoilering a hundred posts in a row for the current episode, and then out of muscle memory you acccidentally open a spoiler for a future episode.

Fair enough.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular

So this means you'd like us to avoid discussing episodes until they get released to iTunes and Amazon, right?

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    I'm going to discuss the recently leaked season 4 finale anyways, here I go

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Yellowtail is Yellow Diamond in disguise sorry haters

• Options
    Gundi wrote: »
    That animatic isn't for a new episode. It's for a deleted but apparently scripted scene from an old episode.

Missing the larger point.

So this means you'd like us to avoid discussing episodes until they get released to iTunes and Amazon, right?

Don't be a goose. I think "until legally avaible" is a fine line to draw. We do it with games, why not tv shows?

• Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Yellowtail is Yellow Diamond in disguise sorry haters

But... but... that completely invalidates my seven page essay, which relies on Yellowtail being descended from the half-koala duke from the Eucalyptus Jungles that first started the war against Jungle Island over control of its coconut mines! Nooooo!

• Options
    Remember all the "Onion is a gem because he has no ears" theories?

• Options

Don't be a goose. I think "until legally avaible" is a fine line to draw. We do it with games, why not tv shows?

AFAIK most of the leaks are from the schedules in other countries getting ahead of the US schedule. I see no equitable justification for saying that a Canadian member can't post about an episode they just watched on TV that wouldn't also apply to a US member who watched one of the off week episodes that won't show up on Amazon until the following. Either we're not discussing things because we don't want to split the community and avoid spoiling folks or we're not. The scenario you're proposing seems to be "Don't post until I, JusticeforPluto, have gotten to watch it" which is not a policy I really think is just.

Non-US folks could certainly use a show they get to be the first excited posters of instead of having to avoid beloved threads like the plague.

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    this is the big one for me. we already spoiler tag everything that has aired in the last 2 months and every major plot point from the whole series, so it's pretty dang easy to open a real spoiler by accident if people aren't super obvious about tagging them.

I was skipping whole pages of conversation a couple weeks ago when it wasn't at all clear who was talking about what

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited August 2016

AFAIK most of the leaks are from the schedules in other countries getting ahead of the US schedule. I see no equitable justification for saying that a Canadian member can't post about an episode they just watched on TV that wouldn't also apply to a US member who watched one of the off week episodes that won't show up on Amazon until the following. Either we're not discussing things because we don't want to split the community and avoid spoiling folks or we're not. The scenario you're proposing seems to be "Don't post until I, JusticeforPluto, have gotten to watch it" which is not a policy I really think is just.

Non-US folks could certainly use a show they get to be the first excited posters of instead of having to avoid beloved threads like the plague.

Yep. US people always get the good stuff first. For once, that's not the case and it's a shame the response so far is "HOW DARE THEY"

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options

Okay I never said the following and now know you're just being a goose.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    This is pretty great, and apparently actually real?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRkoGoVssJc

Hmm.

I have a friend who does a great Peridot Impression.

Maybe I could wrangle together a Pearl and Amethyst as well.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    But if posting new episodes in spoilers is the problem then yeah, you kinda are saying that.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    this is the big one for me. we already spoiler tag everything that has aired in the last 2 months and every major plot point from the whole series, so it's pretty dang easy to open a real spoiler by accident if people aren't super obvious about tagging them.

I was skipping whole pages of conversation a couple weeks ago when it wasn't at all clear who was talking about what

I'm sorry but "I manually clicked on a spoiler and saw something I didn't want to so don't post under spoiler tags" is not fair

There are spoiler tags so people who want to talk about it can

It's not fair to say we can't when all you have to do is not click them

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    But if posting new episodes in spoilers is the problem then yeah, you kinda are saying that.

*sigh*

Edit: if you are in another country watching it that's fine, and my main point was about people getting early episodes online.

JusticeforPluto on
  • Options

Well no, you wouldn't say that because I was saying what it seems to me as you've explained yourself so far. If you'd like to correct that then I'd suggest explaining further. Calling me a goose, for the second time, because my opinion differs from yours isn't going to do much to change my mind.

Well, not about your argument at least.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    Nvm I'm out. This is a stupid tangent any ways.

JusticeforPluto on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited August 2016

You said "until legally available" and then effectively said foreign countries don't count

So yeah I'm agreeing with Devoutly, it really sounds like you just mean "until legally available in my own area and on my TV where I'm the one who can watch"

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    You know what I love?
    Steven Universe
    You know what I also love?
    The Eric Andre Show
    https://youtu.be/HPtbZCsVFcw
    Also idubbbz (not for everyone)

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    You know what that makes me miss?

Space Ghost: Coast to Coast

• Options
    If you love Space Ghost: Coast to Coast you should watch The Eric Andre Show.

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    You know what I love?
    Steven Universe
    The Eric Andre Show
    JGv4Awl.jpg

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Owenashi wrote: »
    You know what I love?
    Steven Universe
    The Eric Andre Show
    JGv4Awl.jpg

source on the above spoilered image: (kinda NSFW)

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    in light of the recent love of books, and going all the way back to season 2-ish.
    I'm extremely loathe to Jasper redemption arcs, but that's a personal thing. Im not petty to not post a good comic or pic.

steven_universe_book_club_2_by_rhandi_mask-d97dof5.png
    garnet_s_universe_by_dukestewart-d8y0mky.gif
    another comic
    steven_universe__shapeshifty_by_neodusk-d8wgust.jpg

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
This discussion has been closed.